Friday 23 January 2015

A sense of perspextive

If you are a regular here, you'll know that my ethos is to recycle, reuse, upcycle etc materials whenever I can. So, when I had an offcut of perspex from an old bus-stop shelter, I had to find a use for it. I don't have the kit to melt it into interesting shapes, and that's not my thing anyhow, but I do have power tools. This and a love of nature inspired the following, entitled 'Hard Rain'...

'Hard Rain' raindrops and ripples captured in perspex form - land art of a sort...
Looking through the ripples. The scuff-marks are part of its previous life as a bus-shelter and shall remain, and I hope that wherever it finds a home, it'll be hung as a panel through which to view, well, whatever lies beyond...
A portrait of the artist as a young pond.
Being an entomologist in my other life, I can't help but feel that this could be an insect's-eye view of the world from the water of a pond in the rain. Or a frog's-eye if you're feeling amphibian. However you look at it, I hope you like it - next stop = framing.

2 comments:

  1. I can just imagine that making a wonderful screen in a garden somewhere, adding interest and intrigue for all ages. It’s magical!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks - I'm hoping that it gets bought and does exactly that :)

      Delete