Monday 11 November 2013

Cross-fertilisation

If you've been here before, you'll know that I like to explore scientific themes and imagery (if not, here's an example) and try to employ reused and recycled materials as much as possible. I also make jewellery under the name Rebejoo and it was only a matter of time before they started to inspire each other. So, having acquired a large bag of leather offcuts from the splendid Conkers Shoes in Totnes, I decided to see how they might be used to create jewellery - colourful but with the additional of the gold circuitry and patterning I've been adding to recent drawings and paintings. Here are the first few pieces which will be offered for sale as brooches, hairpieces and similar. I hope you like them - they'll all be posted on Rebejoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment